Monday 15 April 2013

Garnier Moisture Match Moisturiser 'Shine Be Gone' | Review

After my beloved Matiffying Day Cream from The Body Shop ran out, and the price had gone up, these new Moisture Match moisturisers from Garnier were released at the right time! I have oily skin so i bought 'Shine Be Gone' which is the green one.
It claims to be fast absorbing and oil free, to give 24 hour hydration and is suitable for sensitive skin. It also says on the box:

'Matiffying fresh texture- oil-free and easy to absorb. Enriched with green tea extract, well known for its anti-oxidant properties, it will leave your skin feeling beautifully smooth and mattified all day long. You can feel the difference instantly.
Shine be gone is enriched with a patented hydrating active and reinforces the skin's barrier function, helping your skin to maintain its level of hydration'.



I have been using this moisturiser for about a month, and i can honestly say it does just as good a job as the Body Shop Matiffying Day Cream, if not better. I can definitely tell the difference to using this and not using this, because although i have oily skin, if i don't moisturise my skin can feel quite tight and dehydrated. So not only is this a fantastic moisturiser, but this keeps all oil at bay for the whole day. If you have mega oily skin then powder top ups may be required, but for someone who just has regular oily skin, this moisturiser will mattify your skin for the whole day and as it claims, leaves it feeling hydrated for (nearly) 24 hours.


When i take my makeup off at night, my skin again feels a bit tight and de-hydrated, and Garnier suggests to use this morning and evening, although i must admit, I'm not really bothered about matiffying my skin just for bed, but if you want to, it would help to reduce oil production for the next day.


This moisturiser costs £5.99 in Boots, and with that you get 50ml. I've been using this everyday for a month and you wouldn't even be able to tell if I've used any, because it still feels full to the brim. I'm so glad I've found this moisturiser, as my body shop one was £10 for the same amount of product, plus i find the Garnier moisturiser to be much more beneficial for my skin and massively reduces shine and oil throughout the entire day without worrying about powdering, a winner if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment